Tony Sokol, President of Valu Tec, shares helpful suggestions each month.
August 7, 2017
TIME TO CERTIFY AND PAY ESA STATEMENTS
Recently, I attended a conference of state tax and assessing officials. It was noted by David Buick, Administrator, Essential Services Assessment (ESA) that:
- IN 2017 there were 11,471 parcels that filed Form 5278. This is an increase of 4.4% from 2016.
- This represented 5,530 taxpayers which was a 9.1% increase from 2016.
- The most current records indicate that 44% of the EMPP filers have not certified and paid their statements.
- The Department of Treasury has indicated by statute that there will be NO waivers of late payment penalty in 2017 for companies that filed Form 5278 in 2016!
- The penalty is 1% per week with a maximum 5% penalty.
You must certify your statement through MTO or e-file and pay your full ESA liability electronically – no checks – by the August 15 deadline.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let Valu Tec be your representative throughout the entire ESA process in 2018!